Network Management reports on device status to help to identify potential vulnerabilities before they cause problems. Ongoing monitoring of network infrastructure better equips us to respond to service outages, hardware failures, and security vulnerabilities when they do occur. Manual tasks are grouped together and performed on a scheduled, recurring basis, efficiently ensuring that automated tools are working properly.
The following scope is covered in the initial setup of this service:
- Install and configure a network monitor in the office to enable automatic data collection and reporting.
- Initial configuration of the probe and back-end systems.
- Configure automated alerts on supported network devices.
- Configure WAN IP probes
- Assign team to actively monitor and manage your network.
- Configure processes for automated alerting data.
The ongoing services and tasks below are included in our regular monthly fee:
- Automatic monitoring of the health and utilization of network devices.
- Automatic monitoring of the status of internet connections and uptime.
- Historical connectivity logs to identify network behavior trends during troubleshooting.
- Periodic manual verification of network health.
- Periodic manual verification of automated alerts and device health.
- Monitoring firmware versions on critical network devices.
Note that the following tasks and scenarios are excluded, and will be billed separately:
- Onsite support. (Onsite support will be best effort and billable at the client’s hourly rate.)
- Management of recurring downtime alerts from the ISP beyond one per month.
- Firmware updates for network devices.
- Hardware failure, malfunction, or replacement. (We will assist with the diagnosis, specify replacement system, make purchasing arrangements, and install new system under separate recommendations.)
- Issues created by the alteration or modification of equipment other than that authorized by Macktez, including hardware or software installations.
- Third party vendor or manufacturer support or incident fees.
- All shipping, courier, and logistics charges. (These will be passed through with a markup if a Macktez account is used.)
- Equipment costs needed to remediate and/or replace any out-of-warranty equipment.
- Spare or replacement parts and equipment, including cables, adapters, and power cords, and replacements for failed parts.