Tier 2 Responsive Technology Technician
We are looking to add another Tier 2 Technology Services Technician to our growing Responsive Services group. Candidates should have significant real world experience in technical support, technical knowledge suitable to the systems we support, and be well organized with good written and verbal communication skills. Members of this group respond to requests directly from clients, from automated systems and alerts, and from other Team Members. They also work closely with the Managed Services group, which handles the direct technical design, implementation, and management for client systems.
– Take end user support requests and provide assistance to resolve issues.
– Document user issues and create service tickets using ticket software.
– Diagnose and resolve fundamental technical issues.
– Update the Team on progress and ensure all tickets are resolved in a timely manner.
– Write and send daily reports quickly and clearly, keeping detailed records of time and services rendered.
– Contribute to the creation of clear, accurate, and informative shared process documentation.
– Cultivate a rapport with clients and other Team Members.
– Knowledge of other Team Members’ expertise and skills, to hand off assignments to them.
– Ability to plan ahead, managing expectations of clients and members of your group or Team.
– Ability to recognize when issues need to be reassigned to or escalated to another Team Member.
– Interest and knowledge in technology and troubleshooting.
– A passion for continuously learning new technology and concepts with an ability to teach and be taught.
– Effective handling of concurrent priorities.
– Ability to stay composed when faced with unexpected challenges.
– Ability to work independently, as well as come together as part of a team. (Note that this role is partially remote but requires time on-site in our office and may require visits to client offices.)
– The right candidate will have a minimum of three to five years experience providing desktop or remote support.
– Working knowledge of ticketing systems is helpful but not required.
– Comfort with authoring and updating technical documentation
– Expertise in MacOS and Windows troubleshooting (e.g. System Administration, MDM, Encryption)
– A solid theoretical and practical understanding of TCP/IP networking concepts and technologies (e.g. DNS, TCP/UDP, DHCP, Subnets, broadcast domains, Multicast, VLANs, ARP, SSH)
– Extensive experience with LAN/WAN networks (e.g. Firewall and switch configuration, Routing, IPSec, SSL, NAT/PAT, Fiber Optics)
– Experience managing Microsoft Active Directory, Okta, Jumpcloud, or another identity management service (e.g. AD, Azure AD, LDAP, RADIUS, SAML, SCIM)