We are looking to add a Financial Assistant to our Operations Group. Candidates should have prior experience in Accounts Receivable and Payable, and be well organized with good written and verbal communication skills. This role reports to the COO. High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred.
– Maintain Purchase Orders: check for open ones, pending, close, and follow-up on loose ends.
– Log onto vendor portals and pay approved invoices.
– Maintain vendor files, keeping files organized.
– Enter Accounts Payable into financial systems.
– Reconcile credit card statements with account coding and supporting documents for multiple account holders
– Use automated tools to send invoices, statements, and follow-up correspondence when needed.
– Create client credits when needed.
– Maintain and update customer files, including name or address changes, or mailing attentions.
– Answer routine questions about invoices, and escalate more involved ones.
– Monitor daily ACH and wire transactions and create Deposit Summary reports.
– Assist with monthly filing of sales tax returns.
– Generate weekly Management Reports for Executives.
– Perform monthly reconciliations for banks and credit cards.
– Create Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable Aging reports.
– Assist with creation of standard Accounting Reports.
– Assist with other projects.
– Ability to plan ahead, managing expectations of clients and members of your group or Team.
– Ability to recognize when issues need to be assigned to or handed off to another more experienced Team Member.
– Ability to enter data into various systems while maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the data.
– Interest and knowledge in technology and troubleshooting.
– Interest in continuously learning new things.
– Ability to stay flexible, including effective handling of concurrent priorities.
– Work independently, as well as come together as part of a team.